[sudo-discuss] Evictions in California

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:38:33 PDT 2014

Hey everyone!!! You're right, Gabriell--I totally forgot that that meeting
was taking place! Thanks for the info. And I really like Public Oh One's
suggestions for moving forward.

I really want to encourage you all to follow in the example of the Oakland
Privacy Working Group's and other citizen journalists' use of Oakland Wiki
for movement-building around the Domain Awareness Center: <
http://oaklandwiki.org/Domain_Awareness_Center>. Oakland Wiki is both a
tool for housing information about these issues, and a strategy for
collectively making sense of these issues and taking action. Let's not stop
with the DAC!

Public Oh One: If you want to house any of your thoughts on the wiki,
something people are starting to do is create Community Proposals: <
http://oaklandwiki.org/tags/communityproposal>

Gabrielle and others: Like Jeremy mentioned, the article on AB-1513 <
http://oaklandwiki.org/tags/communityproposal> needs a lot of work. So do
the many other articles tagged with "Gentrification": <
http://oaklandwiki.org/tags/gentrification>. I just started an article
critical of Vator, a start-up incubator that is working with Bryan Parker
on the "Oaktown Tech Start-Up Competition". <http://oaklandwiki.org/Vator>
Please add to it! Another article talking about Oakland as an "Emerging
Tech Hub" in general can be found here:<
http://oaklandwiki.org/Emerging_Tech_Hub>

The SF Wiki could use some work, too. ;] <
http://localwiki.net/sf/Google_Bus_Protests>

See you at the bookfair!
ykciV