[sudo-discuss] hack money out of politics – this Sat/Sun in SF

Danny Spitzberg stationaery at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 00:54:44 PDT 2014

Hi all,

this weekend, several dozen folks – and you? – are assembling to "hack
money out of politics.

I'm helping organize and raise funds for the event
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/hack-for-democracy-registration-10711042015
(discussion
flowing here https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7438022). Rootstrikers,
Move to Amend, The Sunlight Foundation, Maplight, and other organizations
inspired and are partly involved with this newly-formed, nonpartisan
initiative. Personally, I'm eager to see us go deeper than the majority of
civic hacking with real and consequential political action.

Your inspiration and participation can shape the initiatives and the future
of this work!

Sign up or join the waiting list. Spots are opening up Thursday night!

Ping me with questions or proposals – especially for pitches or prize ideas.

warmly,
Danny