[sudo-discuss] Timon

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Tue May 27 16:09:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been afraid. I don't often feel fear, or let myself get carried by
> that fear, but in this circumstance it has taken over me periodically for
> months now.
>
> I was afraid of Timon. I was afraid of his physical and psychological
> intimidation. I have been targeted, among others, by him, and this has made
> sudo room an unsafe space whenever he is present.
>
> But I'm no longer afraid. I no longer will allow this abuse to continue.
>
> Timon *asked *that I send a written message, so I sent an email to him
> and our landlords that indeed, Timon has no right (legal or otherwise) to
> sudo room, the public school, or the common space of 2141 Broadway. This is
> unequivocally true.
>
> However, the more important matter is that I sent this message because I,
> among others, have been habitually harassed and targeted by Timon.
>
> This harassment ends now. We provide a space that is safe for everyone to
> be fully expressed, where safe space and mutual respect is prioritized far
> over ideology. There is no argument to be had; your fellow members are
> begging for help, to hold fast and expect the most minimal of standards for
> behavior for anyone who enters our space.
>
> Please help end this abuser's targeting of myself and other sudoers.
>
> I know I will be present on Wednesday in full confidence and unencumbered
> by my previous fear. I have overcome this fear through support of the
> friends and community that truly makes sudo room an amazing place. Please
> join me if you have shed this fear too.
>
> Together we will resist this and future patterns of abuse.

As I have previously described in person and on the mailing list, I have
also witnessed and had Timon's belligerent behavior directed at me on more
than one occasion.

I request that anyone who is able to attend this coming Wednesday sudo room
meeting show up and support the continued existence of sudo room as a safe
space.

--
marc/juul