[sudo-discuss] [BAPS-Organizing] Re: [omni-building] [omni-discuss] Accessibility Liaison?

niki niki.shelley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:10:20 PDT 2015

I actually *do* believe that this can be dealt with in a practical and
reasonable way which is why I put this to the list.

I admit exasperation, however, with the critique that the community just
doesn't care enough / is not sufficiently interested in making the space
accessible.

The community is not some amorphous / boundless resource *nor* is it some
perfect ideological object.

It's real human beings in real space / time navigating all manner of
confusing / complicated relationships.

I guess I was hoping that someone would be interested in assisting with
addressing these concerns practically even if it's only to identify what we
can / cannot do rather than simply write it off as yet one more way in
which we're failing every day to live up to our "values".

I think it's reasonable to say that we haven't found someone who has the
time / energy to take this on right now and that people who have concerns
around these issues should perhaps wait to engage with us until we're in a
more solid place.