[sudo-discuss] cat-n-mouse with omni doors

Robb Anonymous sf99er at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:08:06 PDT 2015

*all non-members are required to be guests of key-holding members when they
are in the space outside of scheduled events*
is simply not being enforced by anyone, if it was, i doubt we would not be
having this discussion.

11pm or 12am seemed like a good idea until i realized it implies
non-members are allowed in the space w/o being sponsored by a member
anytime before then

unfortunately this is primarily a sudoroom problem as we are usually the
last ones to leave

furthermore, jackson sits by the front door all day and lets* anyone *who
rings in without even speaking to them when he isn't leaving the door open.
max from fat beats lets him in yet i've never seen him ask jackson to leave
when he does

it seems to me that by making exceptions to our rules for certain
individuals the exceptions become the rule for all. i am concerned that
fewer people will want to become responsible members of our collectives if
we maintain the current all access policy which clearly subverts the
collectively agreed upon policy. interestingly, phat beats has, to my
knowledge, never attended a delegates meeting & may not have much buy in to
the policy, in general.

~r