[sudo-discuss] cat-n-mouse with omni doors

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 10:00:34 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 9:40 AM, niki <niki.shelley at gmail.com> wrote:

> his means that if you, as a key-holding member leave the space *at any
> time* and there are no other key-holding members willing to vouch for
> non-key holding members that may be present at the time, everyone must
> leave.

Exactly. The problem with that policy is that by definition, there may only
be a single member left, who then may need to kick out multiple
non-members, some of whom may be inebriated, asleep, or more physically
imposing than the remaining members.

I think the security sweep should be made well before that time, to take
the burden off the poor sap who happens to be the last one to leave...

I think that kicking out non-members at 11pm or midnight is reasonable.
Unless they are explicitly vouched for by a member present, like if there
is still someone working on a project from hardware hack night in Sudo past
midnight. But then it becomes *that* member's responsibility to escort the
non-member out later.

Patrik