[sudo-discuss] wheelchair motor controller

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jul 15 13:46:46 PDT 2015

wow, you have done well.

the answer is that it detects the missing wheel because it can't see its
BRAKE electromagnet.

the solution is to connect a resistor  to the place where the other
motors' brake coil would connect.  it should be a resistor of a similar
value to the brake coil on the motor you do have, or maybe more ohms so it
uses less power when it gets energized.

a lightbulb might work, but it will see 24VDC when energized, so it would
need to be a 24v bulb or two identical 24v bulbs in series.

as for the anderson connectors on the motor controller, please don't cut
them or mess them up - if you need to connect to them (for example to
connect to the brake contacts for the missing motor) there should be other
anderson terminals in the basket where the motor was.  Thanks for not
hacking up the wires on the motors controller.

and congratulations, you're close!  once it works, we can use the other
electronics (this is from an old robot) to automate the process of sending
the screen up and down.

-jake