[sudo-discuss] Omni Commons Delegates for the Sudo Room

Rachel Wolfsohn rawjnana at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:41:34 PDT 2015

blocking can work. but then someone could block forever something that's
reasonable to the majority. there's always a limit, not always gonna make
everyone happy. limitations on blocking could prevent this, yes.

bc ppl don't always agree, the higher a percentage is for the required the
majority, the closer it is to consensus, the system is leaving behind the
few rather than the silent, if voting is required. when consensus rules,
the loud and confident can get away with murder, esp if those in disaccord
happen to be busy at the vet or something...

just my belief. consensus won't actually work for the real world- only for
a small place of play/leisure, really. where a small group already
generally agrees with each other or shares personal interests.

yeah, showing up to meetings is an answer. when you can.

 as people who know Power know well, once something is in effect, it takes
a lot more to get people to change it,

... bc there's a perception of there having been agreement by so many in
the first place, rather than a small group.
Example:
 the U.S. gov't's structure. It was created by merely dozens of people, for
millions, one day hundreds of millions, of people

and honestly, it takes faith in a system to participate in it. faith i
don't have in any system but that of family, true loyal unstructured
unsolicited solidarity, and a universal spirit, at the moment.

P.S i've heard talk from sudo's founders about lessening quorum to seven.
because attendance is so low. running sudo is already left in the hands of
it's founders. perhaps more than you all realize, people don't want to step
on your toes...

<3 Rachel