[sudo-discuss] Any web developers new to the game at SudoRoom?

CJ Joulain joulain at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:00:49 PDT 2016

Hi everyone.  :-)  I recently joined this listserv and meant to send an
introduction earlier.  Romy's message was a reminder to virtually say hey.
I've been meaning to check out Omni Commons more; I've been to a few
CounterCultureLabs events but haven't visited SudoRoom yet.

I'm also a recent bootcamp graduate from a non-traditional background.
There are tons of meetups in the Bay Area but tough to find a good match,
particularly those who are new to the field.  And, frankly, folks aren't
always welcoming.  I agree that more than inspirational talks are needed
for someone to transition into a different career with the adequate
technical training that they need.  Romy, I'd be interested in getting in
touch with your friend.  There are a few groups out there that are
self-study/new to the field oriented.  I'm also a co-organizer for a
Latinxs in Tech meetup and many of our members were self-taught or went to
bootcamps and can relate to what your friend is going through.

Would you say SudoRoom events tend to be hack-at-your-own pace oriented?

Take care,
CJ