[sudo-discuss] [omni-building] LED replacement lights and fluorescent fixtures in basement

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:38:07 PDT 2017

Just for reference, this is the 8ft LED bulb that we installed in CCL:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-8-ft-T8-T12-44-Watt-Cool-White-Linear-LED-Light-Bulb-T96-841-LED-RP/206036837

A bit expensive at $60, but we had previously already gone through
something like three of the 8ft fluorescents. Next time one burns out, I'm
replacing it with another LED.

As far as I know, this type can be used as a direct replacement with an
old-fashioned ballast or one of the newer electronic starters. Feel free to
borrow ours if you have an 8ft fixture that you'd like to test out. If I
remember correctly, the LED one is in the 8ft fixture closest to the
graffiti wall.

Patrik