[sudo-discuss] cnc pcb drilling

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue May 9 14:08:01 PDT 2017

On Tue, 9 May 2017, Morgan Allen wrote:

> So we'll still be stuck using an ancient version of Linux? Meaning no
> Camtronics or any relatively new CNC software?

i don't care, we can use anything, just be aware that the MaxNC has its own
motor driver circuitry and doesn't do microstepping, although i suppose we
could bypass all that if someone bought a smoothieboard.

i don't know anything about how to use Camtronics or whatever.  It's not FOSS
so i'm not very interested in it.  I certainly don't think it would be a
problem if you wanted to use it.

If you want to connect the MaxNC to something other than a parallel port I am
down to help make that happen.

-jake