[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Linux dual boot on Basement Computer bank?

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:20:12 PST 2017

i appreciate this convo, and you all!

from a previous conversation with Almaz, the aversion to linux is simply
lack of experience with it. dual-boot starting up into windows sounds like
a good compromise if Almaz is alright with it. Tho, it would be great if
someone could facilitate an Intro to Linux class for GCEA and the youth
they work with, demo'ing standard alternatives to microsoft apps such as
LibreOffice.

(apologies for suggesting without volunteering, but i'm not really able to
commit to any other projects atm)

other replies:
* hol - the basement is considerably clearer now thanks to the work party
on monday (shoutout to liblens crew for holding it down!). if anyone can
come help load up ed and possibly ian's trucks tmrw afternoon for a dump
and ewaste run, i believe folx are meeting around noonish :)
* ed - i normally turn the upstairs monitor off before i leave, but
sometimes forget and for some reason keep not changing the settings. tx for
the reminder!
* the label-maker is currently in the office, in a drawer opposite the
window labelled 'labels and labellers' (so meta) and has a full spool of
tape, also. i love labels. hear hear, patrikd!

<3