[sudo-discuss] Stripe Subscriptions

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:19:02 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Kyle Mitchell <kyle at kemitchell.com> wrote:

> On 2018-01-15 11:01, Jenny Ryan wrote:
> > We technically have just three bills - Omni ($2000/mo), Digital Ocean
> > ($15/mo) and Gandi.net (?/yr)
>
> Who pays Gandi.net?  We should find out what the number is,
> or at least cap it.  For example, "no more than $10 a month".

I think it's something like $15/yr, but we only recently gained control of
our own domain and i don't have the password to that account. I'm setting
up a passpack now and will signal text the login info to a few folks. Plz
add any passwords you've stored for sudo!

> We want a specific number.  Not necessarily a perfectly
> correct number.  But a number that lets us say: "If we bring in
> $X per month, we are meeting all of our financial obligations,
> and can put that out of mind."
>
> > We used to pay $446/mo in utilities to Omni, but plead poverty in tandem
> > with CCL early last year and reduced our monthly payment to $2000. Omni
> is
> > by no means financially stable as of yet, and I'm still doing the
> > end-of-month scramble dance every month to ensure we can make our
> mortgage
> > payments.
>
> What would Sudo Room pay to cover its actual share of costs,
> reliably, without any financial assistance from Omni?
> $2,500 per month?
>
> That should be our target.  Nothing less.

$2500 is a good monthly number, but we should also do some fundraising
activities (crowdfunding, parties, fixit clinic, etc) to build up an
operating reserve fund (3 months expenses, or $7,500) and a capital reserve
fund (equivalent to operating, for improvements and necessary building
maintenance&repairs) = $15,000.