[sudo-discuss] Omni Proposal: Fiscally Sponsor a grant for the North American Anarchist Studies Network

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:18:08 PDT 2018

Greetings omninoms!

Hoping we can pass this tomorrow - it's relatively low-impact wrt
accounting and risk.

Proposal is via Bill Budington, a longtime sudo room member and regular
event organizer:

This is a request for the Omni Commons to be the fiscal sponsor for the
> Grassroots Infrastructure Trust (
> http://site.www.umb.edu/faculty/salzman_g/Grass/Trust/index.htm) grant,
> given to the North American Anarchist Studies Network for the purpose of
> funding our annual conference. This conference, held this year in Montreal,
> QC, Canada, and next year in Atlanta, GA, USA, is to advance the study of
> topics concerning anarchist infrastructure, revolutionary potential, and
> non-hierarchical living. It features speakers from across so-called North
> America and indeed, around the world. The grant was rewarded in the sum of
> $2000.
>
> For more information, visit https://wiki.naasn.org/.

<3
Jenny

Help open a professional kitchen at the Omni Commons in Oakland!
https://omnicommons.org/kitchen

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé

"Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon."
--Dave Sim, "Cerebus the Aardvark"