[sudo-discuss] new proposal - need input

Marc Juul marc at juul.io
Sun Jan 20 10:47:17 PST 2019

GCEA and Almaz are not entirely separate entities. Almaz is the
primary organizer and delegate for GCEA. Any Omni-related problems
with her are to a large extent problems with GCEA. We're talking about
permanently granting a portion of Omni's space with no required rent
to a collective whose primary organizer has been highly problematic.
In short I don't trust them (specifically Almaz) to stick to the
agreement and only expect this new agreement to generate more conflict
over the work they're supposed to do.

I'd probably be ok with this If the proposal included Almaz stepping
down and the proposal specified a set period where-after this
agreement expires and requires a new consensus to extend or make
permanent.

Also, Omni definitely needs more money. We're not saving nearly enough
for building upkeep. The roof is in terrible condition and the water
leakage is only going to make the eventual renovation more costly.
We're also relying on a lot of volunteer labor from a small group of
people to keep the currently level of income flowing and ideally we'd
be able to pay at least something for these efforts.