[sudo-discuss] [omni-consensus] # of people and masks still required until new collective proposal (June 15 and beyond ?)

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 15:11:19 PDT 2021

The plan is to discuss this issue at the Omni Delegates meeting this
Thursday - feel free to join us if you have an opinion on the matter!

Right now it looks like CA will lift almost all restrictions on indoor
events on June 15: no capacity limits, no physical distancing, but masks
would still be required for unvaccinated. Here is all the guidance we have
so far:
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Beyond-Blueprint-Framework.aspx

I think California is still jumping the gun a bit - this pandemic is
definitely not over yet, and "back to normal" seems premature.  My personal
recommendation at the last delegates meeting was that we keep the universal
mask requirement, and go to 50% occupancy. We should also pay real
attention to ventilation issues. In my opinion, the entrance hall and disco
room with windows wide open are likely the safest places to hold events.
Ballroom next, with the exhaust fan running. Most hazardous location would
likely be the basement, because of the enclosed space with limited
ventilation.

Patrik

Patrik