[sudo-discuss] hardware hacking tuesday

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:12:14 PDT 2021

PS: quick Covid update, for those of you wondering how safe it is to come
out...

Percent positive tests, cases, and hospitalizations are well on the way
down in Alameda county and California, compared to the peak of the Delta
surge in early August. We're not quite at the low levels we saw in June,
but we're definitely over the hump and roughly back to where we were around
the end of February. I like to keep track of test positivity, because it
tends to be a leading indicator for everything else:
[image: image.png]
Alameda County is now at 90% of >12yo vaccinated with at least 1 dose, 77%
fully vaccinated. While there are fewer than a quarter or residents over 12
that are not yet fully vaccinated, they currently represent more than 70%
of all cases, and presumably the vast majority of hospitalizations (anyone
know where to find the local hospitalization-by-vaccination-status stats?).

Lots more data on the Alameda County and California Covid dashboards here:
https://covid-19.acgov.org/data
https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

Patrik