[Tmpcommonsnet] Introduction and 30c3 suggestion

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:54:24 PDT 2013

Hi Vesna, and welcome!

I think this is a good opportunity for all of us to introduce ourselves, as
this list is growing quickly!

I'm Jenny, working out of the Sudo Room hackerspace in Oakland. We're in
the early stages of building a mesh network, the documentation for which
can be found on our wiki here: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh

My background is in Anthropology and Communication, and with regards to the
mesh project I'm most interested in the documentation and community
education & outreach components - though I'm enjoying learning about the
hardware and software aspects of building a network, also :) For money, I
work at a startup called Open Garden, which has created a free app for
sharing internet between mobile devices.

I was just in Berlin for the International Summit on Community Wireless
Networks, where we had some great discussions on developing a Network
Commons License and Free Network Definition. After this week, I'll have
settled back in at my home base and will contribute more to the
conversation.

Would love to make it to 30c3 - do they offer travel scholarships ever? ^_^

Someone go next!

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org