Art of Bookbinding
Came up at a meeting in open space last night and seemed like some people were interested so *** 18.104.22.168 11:28, 20 May 2013 (PDT)
Source: Notes May 19th, 2013 of this and other ideas that came up at a writer's workgroup. A writers workgroup was formed at the meeting. 1,2. Che. 22.214.171.124 11:28, 20 May 2013 (PDT)
Hackerspace passports, on the noisebridge wiki: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Passport
Another source so far is the Github at Sudoroom. Here is one file for Comics and Art at SudoRoom. https://github.com/sudoroom/ComicsArtSudoRoom
How to Make A Free Zinebook
Materials required: 1 (one) 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, single side. This paper can be recycled if needed if it was used on one side. Eg. only one side will be needed for the design. Design also works for other sizes of paper.
Tools required: Scissors, optional
1. Fold the piece of paper in half horizontally, or "hamburger style." Unfold the paper.
2. Fold both edges of the paper into the center crease you just made. Unfold the paper.
3. Your next fold is "hotdog style," or a fold length-wise across the paper. Unfold the paper.
4. Next, tear or cut along the middle line between the first and fourth "quarters." (The line "4" in the photo.)
5. Finally, in order to form the book you pull both middle sections out, and form your blank booklet.
Enjoy the blank booklet! You can decorate as desired. The design is replicable and appropriate for non-hierarchical communications in your purposes. Enjoy!!!!