project initiated at the Tech Liminal Lunch Box Wed., Apr. 17, 2013 @ 12:30pm
- 1 Announcement
- 2 Questions or Comments at this Point
- 3 Background Resources
- 4 Core Issues
- 5 Opportunities for Disruptive Technology
Tech Liminal Lunch Box Crowdfunding. Wed., Apr. 17, 2013.
Crowdfunding. What does it mean and how does it work? Why is it the biggest buzz word since social media? Will it really circumvent the flow of investment capital to bypass Wall Street? Can it stimulate new jobs in the small business enterprise and contractors markets?
Is there anything more to this than passing around a hat for donations amongst your friends and family in order to do a project you and they know will never be completed? What is the Securities Exchange Commission worried about that is delaying their implementation of the Crowdfunding provisions of the JOBS Act, which was supposed to go into effect in January?
At Lunch Box, we will address these questions, or at the very least read all of them out loud.
Bring your own lunch box.
Questions or Comments at this Point
Laws and information
JOBS act on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpstart_Our_Business_Startups_Act
Local Oakland entitites
Cutting Edge Capital
Founder: Jenny Kassan
Essays and Studies
Books and Courses
Lowering Barriers of Entry into the Investment Marketplace
Decentralization of the Flow of Capital
Exposure to Fraud
- Reliability of the person asking for $$
- Accounting thoroughness and transparency.
Transparency and Diligence
- small organizations don't always have good accounting practices.
- what should smaller organizations do to meet the requirements of the JOBS Act? is this level of reporting tenable for those organizations?