Part of DanceSound
We are going to be performing as dancers, in LED costumes, in a healing performance at the Berkeley Museum.
May 3rd-2013 - Performance at Berkeley Museum
Friday, May 3rd, 2013 7pm
Programmed by Brontez Purnell Doors 5:00 / DJ 6:30
Part dance party, part performance, and part family reunion, Other Dancers brings together cutting-edge experimental dancers and performers from the Yay Area and beyond. The line between artist and audience blurs, and the intrinsic value of movement is explored. Performances by Jennifer Marie Hoff, LoveWarz, Kelly Rafferty, Mica Sigourney, Sophia Wang, and Hentyle Yapp. Also expect a film by Nina Haft and a participatory dance class led by Jesse Hewit. DJ Sets by Josh Cheon (Dark Entries Records) and Robert Yang (a.k.a. Robot Hustle).
Rehearsals 3 Saturdays in April
- April 13, 2013 - 6pm - SudoRoom
- April 19, 2013 - Friday 9pm - Works in progress showing at Berkeley's Foundry s 835 Carleton, at 7th. Berkeley, CA
- April 20, 2013 - 6pm - SudoRoom
- April 27, 2013 - 6pm - SudoRoom
- April 28, 2013 - April East Bay Sound Art Meetup https://www.facebook.com/events/133861906796107/
What Is It?
Jen, a dance teacher at the Public School, is having a rehearsal, researching the theme of circles & resonance, and experimenting with lighting.
- Dancers will be dressed entirely in white
We are still free to give her our input!
Who Can Dance
- Anyone at SudoRoom can participate. You have to wear white.
- You will be possibly wearing a costume with LED lights.
- You do not have to go to the rehearsals, but it would be a good idea to do that
How would you like to add to the performance?
- Wearable electronics (white?) on white-outfitted dancers
- Video - would you like to film the dancers using drones, filmed from strange angles?
- Print or drawing - would you like to make wood sculptures of the performance/ make a letterpress zine?
Please throw some ideas to the list, let's talk!
Wait! don't we have hack the gallery too? Let's talk to patrick!
- Compass-spaced - lights change depending on which direction the dancers are moving in (Hol)