Sudo Room is involved in a variety of map-based projects that are participatory in nature and open source as a matter of course. In particular, Oakland Wiki meets every other week at the space, organizing editathons in libraries, museums, and grassroots spaces across the city. Sudo Mesh also meets every week, hosting a map of potential wi-fi mesh nodes] toward creating a community-owned communications network across Oakland, Berkeley and beyond. Mycelia is a project, still in alpha stage, to map out available tools/resources, people/skills, and projects using a distributed, map-based system.
This page serves as a repository of ideas and linkdumps around map-based projects. Please feel free to add, noting that non-open source, non-participatory projects should be indicated as such.
(Software) Relevant Software Projects:
- http://mycelia.cc - decentralized system for mapping objects/tools, projects + people in hackerspaces [pre-alpha]
- https://apollo.open-resource.org/lab:dspace (elf Pavlik)
- http://libremap.net (andrenarchy) https://github.com/libre-mesh/libremap
- https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot // created by the folks at Ninux (Italian mesh network)
- http://meshmap.sudoroom.org - example setup of Nodeshot showing potential mesh nodes in Oakland