Meeting Notes 2013-07-03
Jenny, Jordan, Ray, Ryan, Timon, Marina, Bilal, Sara
- Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
- Icebreaker: your favorite form of transportation & the future of transportation!
Announcements (Consent Agenda)
- This Saturday TIL: July 6: GIT Version Control for Non Coders (Writers, Lawyers, everyone!)
- Planning meeting for Summer School in concert with the Public School! - The organizing committee is having a meeting on July 11th at 6pm.
- Sudo Bike - ask Matt about borrowing it for a set period of time, or for donations to "Sudo Bike"
- Every Monday 7pm: LOL / Oakland Makerspace Open Hack Night (1234 23rd Avenue)
- Every Thurs. at 7PM: Oakland Wiki meetup! http://www.oaklandwiki.org
- Every Thurs. at 8:30pm: Mesh Networking meetup: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh
- Next BACH Event: Third Saturdays, next is 7/20, 6pm at Hacker Dojo - http://ba.chgrp.org
- RADIO!!!! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_Radio
- Regular check-in between The Public School and Sudo Room - Thursday evening Supper Club potlucks starting at 6
Old Action Items
- Access & Security:
- Document process for editing access codes & whether it's possible to have temporary access codes (Andrew)
- state of the camera - web access, recording, access to camera computer
- Has a local drive storing video, needs to make a remote setup
- The Overhead Light In The Entryway - Timon will notify George
- The Trees Across The Street
- the parking deck next door
- SpaceAPI to indicate space open/closed [Jenny talked to Morten and Ian, they are working on it]
- Community outreach:
- Youth curriculum (Ray)
- Packet game
- Public Terminal
- Security workshop (Bill)
- spreadsheet of churches & schools (Jenny): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE&usp=sharing
- Youth curriculum (Ray)
- POSTPONED - Jenny to call bank to find out about online access
- Add calendar [2141broadway.wordpress.com] to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
- Update calendar for common space [Jenny] - http://2141broadway.wordpress.com
- Update events protocol: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fyHwH-O_tMEW3c01HvHbmAHDqj6aD2DSDmpdtM_DfKg/edit?usp=sharing [shared with Mika from Public School]
- Ask Ryan to put up the logo designs on the wiki [Jenny] DONE
New Action Items
- Intro to MC Hawking? - https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noise-Bot
- Intro to new 3D printer computer? - What is the software that's on the new computer?
- New TIL topic for July 13
- Books on pew? - list emailed about it
- Catalog - Max
- Move more books inside Sudoroom
- Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a few to reach out to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0
- Unfuck the Raspi for door access! (RFID and keypad both intermittantly down)
- allow comments in tamale secrets file (jordan)
- Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT (out of town)
- [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
- Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Jenny!1 -troy
- git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles
In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues. Exchequer: Marina Co-Facilitator:
- We paid our rent! We had ~$2,400 in the account before we paid the rent.
- +300 to be deposited from the lockbox
- Marina and Bill are now on the bank account
- Marina received an email setup thing from the bank, but it didn't work. Bill never got one. Marina will call the bank to GET SOME ANSWERS.
- Documentation: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_room/banking (out of date?)
- Pay your dues :)
- Review and consensus process:
- Fiscal Solvency Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12x3ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=7
- Rent: $1500; Utilities: $220; Services: $50
- Target membership contribution: $88 per member (based on approx. 30 people)
Amendments to the Articles of Association
- desire for folks to help with sudo kids
- we are looking for people to help do activities (we have only been doing clay and radio so far) on tuesday nights. do you have an idea for something you'd like to do with kids? if so, contact ray or marina.
- join sudo kids list:
- desire for folks to help with radio
- we are starting to get shows booked! are you interested in helping train people, book shows, generally expand the radio program? if so, please contact marina!
- space.sudo/music is down!
- this also affects sudo radio as mixxx, our dj software, typically connects to the music server and seems to not want to do anything when the server is down.
access & membership
- proposal to use the following membership/access procedure:
- tell people to sign up to become members on our site: https://sudoroom.org/membership/
- when people sign up, they should come to the space where a member will:
- check the results of the membership sign-up form to ensure that the person is on there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=6
- the membership sign-up form results are on the last tab of our fiscal solvency sheet!
- give them a code for door.sudoroom.org
- let them know that if there are any problems, that the code can be revoked
- let them know about dues, the sliding scale, and different ways to contribute (sudoroom.org, gittip, via check or cash in the dropbox (show location of the dropbox) or during wednesday meetings).
- give them instructions on how to open and close the space.
- invite them to listservs and wednesday night meetings
- give them logins for wordpress site & wiki (not everyone knows how to do this)
Need to do
- Give existing sudoers ability to add pw's for new people. Jordan is working on adding commenting to the txt file that houses our list of pw's. Once this is done,
- We currently have no way to track or report who pays, etc. Is this ok? If not, we need solutions.
- If you want to work on membership management solutions, check out this repo: https://github.com/substack/sudo-members
- A number of folks have signed up to be members but it's unclear whether they have had any follow-up or come by the space. we've updated the info on the page that confirms that someone completed the form completely to let people know that they should come to the space, but should we contact the folks who have already signed up?
- Clean fridge so compost can go tonight -DDDDOOOONNNEEEE
- KEEP THINGS CLEAN PEOPLE