Meeting Notes 2013-07-03

From Sudo Room
Jump to: navigation, search

Attending

Jenny, Jordan, Ray, Ryan, Timon, Marina, Bilal, Sara

Introductions

  • Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
  • Icebreaker: your favorite form of transportation & the future of transportation!


Announcements (Consent Agenda)


ACTION ITEMS

Old Action Items


New Action Items

Postponed

  • Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT (out of town)
  • [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
  • Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Jenny!1 -troy
  • git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles


Fiscal Solvency

In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues. Exchequer: Marina Co-Facilitator:

Amendments to the Articles of Association

Conflict Resolution

Discussion Spillover

  • desire for folks to help with sudo kids
    • we are looking for people to help do activities (we have only been doing clay and radio so far) on tuesday nights. do you have an idea for something you'd like to do with kids? if so, contact ray or marina.
    • join sudo kids list:
  • desire for folks to help with radio
    • we are starting to get shows booked! are you interested in helping train people, book shows, generally expand the radio program? if so, please contact marina!
  • space.sudo/music is down!
    • this also affects sudo radio as mixxx, our dj software, typically connects to the music server and seems to not want to do anything when the server is down.

access & membership

  • proposal to use the following membership/access procedure:
    • tell people to sign up to become members on our site: https://sudoroom.org/membership/
    • when people sign up, they should come to the space where a member will:
    • check the results of the membership sign-up form to ensure that the person is on there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=6
    • the membership sign-up form results are on the last tab of our fiscal solvency sheet!
    • give them a code for door.sudoroom.org
    • let them know that if there are any problems, that the code can be revoked
    • let them know about dues, the sliding scale, and different ways to contribute (sudoroom.org, gittip, via check or cash in the dropbox (show location of the dropbox) or during wednesday meetings).
    • give them instructions on how to open and close the space.
    • invite them to listservs and wednesday night meetings
    • give them logins for wordpress site & wiki (not everyone knows how to do this)

Need to do

  • Give existing sudoers ability to add pw's for new people. Jordan is working on adding commenting to the txt file that houses our list of pw's. Once this is done,
  • We currently have no way to track or report who pays, etc. Is this ok? If not, we need solutions.
  • If you want to work on membership management solutions, check out this repo: https://github.com/substack/sudo-members
  • A number of folks have signed up to be members but it's unclear whether they have had any follow-up or come by the space. we've updated the info on the page that confirms that someone completed the form completely to let people know that they should come to the space, but should we contact the folks who have already signed up?


Post-Meeting Groups

  • Clean fridge so compost can go tonight -DDDDOOOONNNEEEE
  • KEEP THINGS CLEAN PEOPLE