Meeting Notes 2013-07-17

From Sudo Room
Jump to: navigation, search

July 17 2013

Attending

  • Bill, Jordan, Max, Jenny, Marc, Rock, Timon(photos), Anthony R, Benji (stars),Antho (pipes), Tyler(no screen saver).
  • Question favourite screen saver from history?

Introductions

  • Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
  • Icebreaker

Announcements (Consent Agenda)

Notes

  • Tax Status and Organizational Structure
    • Bill spoke with Danny (NB) about 501c3 umbrella-ing and Jenny spoke with James (SchoolFactory)om
    • Non-profit benefits include matching donations (employees &
    • Getting an LLC is cheap and easy to do, ~700/year for taxes in California
    • Liz Henry is doing a lot of research on 501c3 status for the feminist hackerspace starting in SF
    • http://jeremychenlaw.com/what-is-a-california-benefit-corporation/

ACTION ITEMS

Old Action Items

New Action Items

  • 1. Research tax structures [1] 2. [...] 3. Profit!
  • Shelf -

Postponed

  • Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT (out of town)
  • [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
  • Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Jenny!1 -troy
  • git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles
  • POSTPONED - Jenny to call bank to find out about online access
  • Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
  • Library - until RPS
  • Catalog - Max
    • Move more books inside Sudoroom
  • push Articles to Github
  • Set up a Google Voice number that transcribes and forwards to an email address, which then forwards to a list of us (Tom)

Fiscal Solvency

In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues. Exchequer: Marina Co-Facilitator:

  • +300 to be deposited from the lockbox
  • Marina received an email setup thing from the bank, but it didn't work. Bill never got one. *Marina will call the bank to GET SOME ANSWERS.

Amendments to the Articles of Association

Conflict Resolution

Discussion Spillover

Post-Meeting Groups

  • clean up electronic crap downstairs