Meeting Notes 2013-08-07
- Check out the Meeting archives here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes
- Anthony, Jordan, Rhody, Andy, Morgan, Liberty, Leon, Brendon, Donyan, Spencer, Steven, Ryan
- Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
- Icebreaker: (next time)
Announcements (Consent Agenda)
- Every Monday 7pm: LOL / Oakland Makerspace Open Hack Night (1234 23rd Avenue)
- Every Thurs. at 7PM: Oakland Wiki meetup! http://www.oaklandwiki.org
- ALSO: Take the 2014 Mayor Key Issues Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGV6N9pmpmJmHiKS8VmQAGlwJQ4mioShXyyxmrD-Kas/viewform
- Every Thurs. at 8:30pm: Mesh Networking meetup: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh
- RADIO!!!! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_Radio
- Regular check-in between The Public School and Sudo Room - Thursday evening Supper Club potlucks starting at 6
- Organization / scheduling for a week-long Summer School at the end of August
- Sudo Kids Tuesdays at 6pm-8pm. Food 5pm
- Community Democracy Project - launched!
- The Public School - Summer School
Look at Tor camp as a model
Anthony will be here
Old Action Items:
- Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a few to reach out to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0
- Everyone? Jenny has added! Rabbit added! You should too!
- 1. Research tax structures  2. [...] 3. Non-Profit! [Danny, Brendan] plus
- Auto-reminder for weekly meetings [Bill, and Nate]
- group me?
- Make a flier, talking points [Jenny & Juul]
- Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Marina & Jenny
- Move more books inside Sudoroom
- Get rid of all the broken printers...
- "Who the fuck are we?" Assessing folks who've signed up to be members [in final tab on the fiscal solvency sheet] [Danny, Liberty, Brendan (sans traction)]
- "Oh yah and we owe people money" [Matt too now]
- Talk to JC re: sudomate funds [Jenny, Matt]
New Action Items:
brendan and nate need database access - Matt will coordinate with Jordan
- Action Item: Become a California Non-profit Corporation - Brendan proposes this for discussion meeting on August 21st and August 28th. This is to be followed by the August 31st Today I Learned session on hacking the articles of association.
- Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on)
- [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
- git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles of association - Brendan
- Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
- Library - until RPS
- Catalog - Max
In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.
- Exchequer: Marina / Jenny / Bill
- Pay your dues!!
- We now have lockers, part of fundraising
- Review and consensus process:
- Fiscal Solvency Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12x3ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=7
- Rent: $1500; Utilities: $220; Services: $50
- Target membership contribution: $88 per member (based on approx. 30 people)
Amendments to the Articles of Association
- Threshold to become a card-carrying member [symbolic and/or access]
- Looked at the qualifications on the Articles
- Brendan researched different incorporation statuses and models and has proposed (as above) to incorporat as a California Non-profit.
- Liberty has been working on outline of benefits of membership in order to calculate the value of the space, as well as provide contact information for members to each other, and also to provide a monthly orientation.
- This is an account of your impact.
- Troy suggests we can also be a B-corporation
- JC thinks you may have to pay the $400 - $800 state tax which should be re-imbersed once you become a non-profit?
- Participants: JC, Liberty, Morgan, Andy, Anthony, Rhody, Brendan, Matt.
- How to communicate? in-person and online,
- RFID Access
- Membership, permissions - Brendan
- Sudo Future, renting more space, financing - Matt
- $300 / mo. - take over the lease from RoShamBo Media
- Summer School