Meeting Notes 2013-08-07

From Sudo Room
Jump to: navigation, search

Attending

  • Anthony, Jordan, Rhody, Andy, Morgan, Liberty, Leon, Brendon, Donyan, Spencer, Steven, Ryan

Introductions

  • Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
  • Icebreaker: (next time)

Announcements (Consent Agenda)

Other announcements:

  • Community Democracy Project - launched!
  • The Public School - Summer School
   Look at Tor camp as a model
   Anthony will be here

ACTION ITEMS

Old Action Items:

  • Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a few to reach out to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0
    • Everyone? Jenny has added! Rabbit added! You should too!
  • 1. Research tax structures [1] 2. [...] 3. Non-Profit! [Danny, Brendan] plus
  • Auto-reminder for weekly meetings [Bill, and Nate]
    • group me?
  • Make a flier, talking points [Jenny & Juul]
  • Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Marina & Jenny
    • Move more books inside Sudoroom
    • Get rid of all the broken printers...
  • "Who the fuck are we?" Assessing folks who've signed up to be members [in final tab on the fiscal solvency sheet] [Danny, Liberty, Brendan (sans traction)]
  • "Oh yah and we owe people money" [Matt too now]
  • Talk to JC re: sudomate funds [Jenny, Matt]

New Action Items:

brendan and nate need database access - Matt will coordinate with Jordan

  • Action Item: Become a California Non-profit Corporation - Brendan proposes this for discussion meeting on August 21st and August 28th. This is to be followed by the August 31st Today I Learned session on hacking the articles of association.

Postponed:

  • Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on)
  • [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
  • git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles of association - Brendan
  • Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
  • Library - until RPS
  • Catalog - Max

Fiscal Solvency

In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.

Amendments to the Articles of Association

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association

  • Threshold to become a card-carrying member [symbolic and/or access]
    • Follow-up?
    • Looked at the qualifications on the Articles
    • Brendan researched different incorporation statuses and models and has proposed (as above) to incorporat as a California Non-profit.
    • Liberty has been working on outline of benefits of membership in order to calculate the value of the space, as well as provide contact information for members to each other, and also to provide a monthly orientation.
      • This is an account of your impact.
    • Troy suggests we can also be a B-corporation
    • JC thinks you may have to pay the $400 - $800 state tax which should be re-imbersed once you become a non-profit?
    • Participants: JC, Liberty, Morgan, Andy, Anthony, Rhody, Brendan, Matt.
      • How to communicate? in-person and online,
  • RFID Access

Conflict Resolution

Discussion Spillover

  • Membership, permissions - Brendan
  • Sudo Future, renting more space, financing - Matt
    • $300 / mo. - take over the lease from RoShamBo Media
  • Summer School

Post-Meeting Groups