Meeting Notes 2014-01-15
Q: Where are you? A: Yar (here wondering), Vicky (elsewhere), Marc (mostly here), Mac (here with snacks), Gaurav (long pause ... then eats most of the mango and leaves)
THE TRADITIONAL MONOTONIC READING OF THE CALENDAR
- Calendar https://sudoroom.org/calendar
- We need to fill out a statement of information before February 5th. https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov/
- we're awesome
- perfect abundance of snacks
- we sold some magnets (~six!)
- we now have a bank account with the Internet Archive Federal Credit Union (IAFCU) <3
- does it have money in it?
Past Action Items
- Ink donation jar - Juul - not done
- Investigate<3 integrating Stripe and/or Balanced Payments [Jenny, Bill]
- Seems Stripe is better for recurring billing (Balanced's recurring billing system is still in beta: https://github.com/balanced/billy) - this is essential for us. Let's try Stripe!
- Look into other hackerspaces'<3 accounting system [Jenny]
- GNU Cash looks most interesting - otherwise not much in the way of FOSS tools for finances: http://www.gnucash.org/
- Get new lease for 2141 Broadway (update to sign with "sudo room" as an entity) - Matt - done?
- Pay the rent for Jan (Matt)<3
- Reword proposal on<3 problematic non-members (Jenny, Brendan)
- current finances?
- $201.11/week on Gittip: <3https://www.gittip.com/sudoroom/
Amendments to Articles of Association
- Marc proposes to "just get rid of them"
- no quorum
- Yar agrees in sentiment, but would prefer a diff with many more "-"s than "+"s
- most sudoers are not here. mediation with those losers has failed.
- Is there anything the four of us can do right now to help out sudoroom before ending the meeting?
- we could just hack the articles already!
- we're all going to read through the articles and be ready to propose and discuss diffs next week!