Meeting Notes 2014-04-02
Q: time zones? discuss.
- max - use terran computational calendar
- brian - daylight savings times aren't synchronized,
- matt - its arbitrary we're all spinning
- daniel - too messy, might as well sswitch
- scott - time is construct we can reconstcut it - used to help out with sudo kids.
- david - "self-delineated" 'nuff said
- yar - crimea switched from ukrainian to russian timezone. this caused a stir in the best mailing list ever https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/tz
- email to nobawc. selc. hire someone
- send email seeking accuntancy consultation[max]
- Renew lease & get Eddan off it [???]
- Laurie needs to give us the lease to sign
- waiting for debit card:
- transfer our internet, host a tor node
- Stripe [jenny]
- free Rackspace hosting? <-- backchannel ftw
- still "in the mail"??? it's been even more weeks!
- Technical to-dos:
- fix calendar (zombie event imports & correct facebook prefix)
- or rather, find an entirely new calendar solution that isn't a wordpress plugin
- Move SeltzerCRM install to sudoroom.org
- Add function for door code integration in Seltzer (jenny awaiting code already written for an east coast hackerspace)
- set up venmo [liberty?]
- put a blurb in Slingshot magazine, contact Hayley
- marc to ping Hayley, deadline is Apr 2. that is today!
- we won a 3D printer!
- strawberries have arrived
- Noemi is beginning to film her documentary about Sudo
Space Search / Evaluation
- Deposit lowered to $30k
- Estimated move-in date of June 1st
8th and Alice:
- new guy who was just catching up and i had to give the whole sudo pitch all over again. He was unable to update on the state of the building
The Omni or not to Omni?
- We will commit to a joint Omni fundraiser, with a June 1st deadline.
- If the Omni falls through, then we will have a sudo space individual fundraiser. Idea is a harmonious-hackathon / pay-what-you-can dev bootcamp one weekend. It can be paired with this idea:
Offer to host an RSVP Dinner w/ Francisco and Liberation Food Worker Cooperative
- Title: "Sudo Room Reboot Kick-Off Dinner"
- At the same time, until we know more about the Omni, grants have been kind to us.
- Now we have email@example.com . This is the way it will work.
- There are 41 grants to apply to. All grant writers will receive 50% of the grant if won.
Sudoers can make money helping sudo room, sudo makes cash. [max to send out announcement email].
- Find Partners (e.g. co-leasers, sub-leasers)
- Talk to sudoers
Hack our Current Space
- Goal: "Optimize Sudo Room to GAIN MOMENTUM"
- A lesson recently learned: "Everything needs a place" more than they need to be organized with respect to each other.
- Tool area
- Undefined zone by window
- Wire-rack shelf
- Around sink area (storage)
- Non-useful objects
- Next Steps
- Clean tonight, on-going re-organization
- Take an inventory (a naive list on the wiki)