Meeting Notes 2014-07-02
Sudoroom Meeting. Wednesday July 2 2014 https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomtg
Icebreaker (5 mins)
how does it feel to be in this new space? now what?
- Max K,
- Juan (I've been here [onagainoffagain] since the beginning),
- Matt (games and programming!),
- Sylvia (postponing coming here for 3 weeks! you have no excuses!),
- Ed (seeking community, "All Hands Active" member!!!!, I need projects),
- Marcavius (literally moved down to the bay, looking to make games, used to grow stuff legally! 3D printers? Plastic-alternatives? "Connect" to fiber wire),
- Phil (this is a haunted mansion, echoes of previous things, looking forward to making it our own. Into hacking public policy, privacy, tech, etc),
- Jenny (we've got dancers, public schoolers, Cere at the piano, and us in this warehouse! Futurespacebrainstormz. I'm funemployed, aren't you? Talk to Jenny about Mesh, Fiber, Networks, Policy Hacking [Thurs at 7pm at SR]),
- Matt (mesh hackathon this weekend! let's change all the things),
- AL (I don't know what I am! Usually I tinker for my real job. Making this place possible has been enticing, that's why I'm here for another month!),
- Sam (mesh networks, toor camp!, I see sudo room as a real community organization with power to change. everything's big and impressive, we have the power!),
- Leslie (still acclimating to the east bay! wearable technology, headsup display, visual person, space is important! aesthetics matter, this space is impressive for this reason--we need more windowes. Safe, home, explore new things),
- Noemie (sudoer, The Omni is inspiring from its immense possibilities and openness, so much potential. Gives lots of momentum. I would really like to start to install nice and pleasant lights! I've been making a documentary about sudo room, let me know if you don't want to be on film!),
- Yar (agree about better lighting, and how about some ventilation in here?? Sediment is creeping. There is nothing about this building we will overlook for hacking!)
- Ed (I wandered in heard there was beer and pizza. I'm into Macreme, Linux, and Revolution).
- David K (Hello, public school too!)
Announcements (5 mins)
- There's BEER over THERE
- new micropayment site in development - SUDOERS SHOULD JOIN THIS EFFORT https://www.atunit.org/
- $1,069.52 returned (less utilities, broken door charge)
- Wait let me get this straight ... Sudoroom got its deposit back????
- by the skin of our bleached-bruised-boiled fingers.
- Hackathon: Saturday, Sunday, Monday!
- Omni potluck + working groups
- Meet The Neighbors Potluck tomorrow, 3 July, at The Omni
Important Info on Omni Access + Standards
- Proposal (passed with 7 delegates voting):
- Quiet Hours are from 10pm - 10am
- Member groups are responsible for access for their own groups
- Two times during the day when people unable to gain access via their groups can get in: 12-1pm; 5pm-7pm
- Zach "your neighborhood hermit" Houston available on-call to let people in
- Lock up procedure for the end of the night: 2 people to sweep the space, turn off lights and lock all doors.
- Standards (To be communicated to member groups):
- Quiet Hours: 10pm - 10am
- Landlords living here --> NO access to 2nd floor of building!
- Experimental Interim --> We are not Open to the Public / Broadcasting to the world
- Regular Meetings are every Thurs at 7pm. Please come with concerns / suggestions for improvements
- Walkie Talkies!
- colorful tape for marking
- water filter
- Sudo recycle and trash bins
New Members (5 mins)
- Any new members tonight? A: Marcavius, Leslie (prospective)
- If you are a member and haven't yet been added to the CRM, plz talk to Matt or Jenny
Money (5 mins)
- Gittip: $412.77/wk
- Returned Deposit: $1,069.52
- Community Bank of the Bay: $3,010.73
- Internet Credit Union: $2,446.15
- Total w/ returned deposit: $6526.40
Reboot (30 mins)
- we should submit 501c3 paperwork asap
- first friday?
- file change-of-address form with USPS! - now an action item (below)
- how do we make room for our mission, values and ethos in the midst of so much logistical overhead?
- Posters for Omni tours
Conflict Resolution (10 min)
Consensus Items (30 mins)
- quiet hours
- Sudoroom's quiet hours are from 10pm-10am. All Sudoers should respectfully limit noise as much as possible during those hours.
- 14 / 13 Unanimous Yays
- what happened with this last week? https://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Articles_of_Association%2FMembership_Process&diff=8254&oldid=7983
- 13 / 13 unanimous yays
- Cancel Waste Management acct (Jenny)
- File change-of-address form with USPS! (Jenny)
- Potluck working group agenda items [Codename Task Force Sudo]-
- Points to harp on for the neighors, [What do we do here]?-
- Some refreshments-
- A cool physical hack to demonstrate, and/or pentesting-
- Foolproof the space, avoid liability claims-
- Music (live?)-
- Donation box(?)-
- 501c3 & grant-writing working group - meeting possibly Saturday?
- flow chart of new member process
- Reboot.................................................. finished.?