Meeting Notes 2015-06-24
tSudoroom Meeting Wednesday June 24, 2015
icebreaker q: what do you think about dogs?
- yar: i like them when they're housebroken
- sam: do well when they don't bite me
- ian: monodogonous
- james: learning latex
- karissa: like em. in packs of 3+
- jessie; they're exciting
- puck: i'm a service dog in training. if i jump up, say down and i'll listen. you're allowed to pet me (for now).
- jenny: all power to the puppies
- matt: doing sound setup for the google thing. sucker for puppies.
- jenny: chips & infinite salsa. take salsa home.
- "fuck off google" screening at 8pm in ballroom. that's in 35 minutes.
- https://sudoroom.org/pad <-- this works now
- SELC legal cafe tomorrow night in basement
- omni's gonna buy the building. we found $1 million under the couch cushion. "until the revolution" working group meeting mondays at 6:30
- gratipay's payment processor is shutting down. but jenny & marc set up paypal so it will still work.
- giant list of shit needing fixing
- probably scheduling inspection in the next week! by the end of june!!!
- ballroom sound wall passed inspection. now for insulation & sheetrocking. Joe L, Sean F, working 10-5 weekdays. join them.
- please work on doors
- ton of electrical tasks around building. breakers, bulbs, fixtures...
- look at the list
- piles of wood == death
- wood storage in proper location == life
- extinguishers -- jenny will follow up
- rehanging door
- running conduit -- ping whitney
- puppysitting while jessie does stuff -- jenny will follow up
- sand basement door
- does basement door need a closer? legally seems not for some reason. will defer
- covered ceiling light in hallway
- grew up in santa rosa, moved here 1.5 years ago. works at nonprofit w/max ogden. cowork with substack. like hanging out here. live in [location redacted]
- people were talking about sudoroom in bloomington, indiana.
- why? commons are important. now that i work from home i want to put energy into a place that's trying to do the right thing.
- what hack? hardware stuff. also being part of a big multi-networked organized troupe of people.
- what share? programming (js, python, sql, java)
- 10.1 participate with a smile and a fist
- 10.2 through resistance of debt and capitalism as an extension-of-debt
- 10.3 respect of an insight of technology
- values? common space, nonhierarchical, supposed to be safe, everything's open seemingly, anyone can participate. focused on doing things.
- history? visited 2141. it's taken a lot of work to get to this place. there were some rough times. started out trying to not be like noisebridge or something
- jenny: no that was AMT. although...
- solidarity? seems great. very inclusive. lovely. i like how people are calling out other people for wanting to call the cops. that's cool.
- safer space policy? been lurking for 6 months. pretty familiar with what's going on. hard to create a safe space but people are trying. encapsulating nonhierarchical values, people in the space have to be hte stewards and prevent things form happening.
- never banned, not a cop or cat
- what makes you happy? people that acutally help each other do things. working together. need to collaborate. get sad when i'm alone. try to be very social.
- freelancing? DAT, git for data. debt collective would be nice...
- getting more excited about building more p2p apps and getting more hackery
- 6/17: jessie, patrick OD
- 5/20: matthew stewart, rob, AZ, carl
- Running more conduit in sudo - ping Whitney