Meeting Notes 2015-07-29
Sudoroom Meeting July 29, 2015
- remotely substack
- Becoming Omni Commons - planning meeting Sunday Aug 9 2-6 (4 hours)
nobody talked about this
- who's doing this now?
- no responses. defaults to yar and matt senate, as usual
Next Scheduled Reboot
- yar's thoughts: Sudoroom should go through a new visioning process, a lot seems to have evolved. Having a strong coherent vision would eliminate the temptation for an awkward political litmus test of new members
brainstorm: what is sudoroom?
- yar: taking ownership of ourself, our tools, our data, our lives
- yar: entryism - radicalize tech from the inside
- yar: teaching computers for free - cyberwizard
- yar: internet for free - mesh
- yar: free as in ... [fill in the blank]
- yar: making scary things fun. antidote to burnout & impostor syndrome
- yar: resources for the commons, the community
- substack: a place for us to plot the revolution!
- substack: digital empowerment
- daniel: a place that offers opportunities to learm computer technology
- daniel: a place to create/invent/fix/improve software/hardware
Global Womens Strike
forgot to ask
black hole's stuff
forgot to ask
buying the building
nobody showed up to the meeting by 7:10 so yar ran around the building asking every sudoroom member "should we buy the building?" and found 8 and they all said yes (matthew s, matt s, robb, ryan, jessie, yar, marc, patrick).
- remote-daniel: Yes, let's buy the building. Si, compremos el edificio! :)
- remote jenny agrees
- the deed is done. no wait, i thought that was just a figure of speech! case closed.