Mesh/02 Jan 2018
Peoples Open Meeting - Jan 2, 2017
- 1 attendees
- 2 discussion items
- 3 breakout groups
- 4 action items (incl. previous )
- mario - i got mushroom pants - ccl/likes2mesh/gardenmesh/sensors4mesh
- mai - got the flu :( but also new pants :) - grant*i worked on the BYOI flyer text/info... went around in circles. would like a brainstorm about messaging
- will - stoked about getting more nodes up! - got to drive the Alcatraz ferry over xmas
- jorrit - xmas/nye :P - how to make BYOI replicable for other cities. interested in learning how to operate an exit node - started to write a guide (somewhere in babeld-lab code at current)
- jehan - went camping w/ ladyfriend (lostcampers.com)
- jenny - animal safari at di$ney world, sudomesh has 501c3 status retroactive since 2013, dropped off doors for the village, 23rd @ international, block from Cycles of Change (CoC), LOLspace Liberating Ourselves Locally, hackerspace - idea to setup a node, talks about possible sunday node mounts
- marc - visited family in den,ark, bike was stolen - made a guide for home to hook up home nodes to wifi over ethernet - https://gist.github.com/Juul/957855bb5841100109eaeb90e8c6b01b
- jorrit: should we make a docs (eg ReadTheDocs) project?
- x/jc - used to be involced, getting re-involved via gardenmesh project, starting to think about what could be next
- mike kahn - working on getting horst wifi'r-sniffer working. v. difficult but got it working.
- asha(?) - ~500ft in SF / San Bruno Mountain - 270degrees view from Hayward to S San Fran
- jacques - volunteer at revolution books - working on bookscanner. wanted to learn about mesh
- dany (one n) - heard of sudo mesh, book scanner at revolution books (?)
- blake - home in texas <3
- sierk - four hikes. go on hikes! been sick.
- scott - moved out my family over the holidays - finished disasterradio board ~2wks ago. waiting for fitz to move it over. may be moot given this: https://hackaday.io/project/27791-esp32-lora-oled-module
- robb - not too much to report. excited about https://hackaday.io/project/27791-esp32-lora-oled-module
- January 27th from 2-5pm
- https://github.com/sudomesh/propaganda for copy?
- make flyers & put them up this week
- event brite https://peoples.net/byoi - 27 signups, $290 net donations so far
- facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/777807009091838/ - 75 yes / 500+ interested in
- website http://buildyourowninter.net
- notes / agenda https://peoplesopen.net/pad/p/byoi-flyer https://pad.riseup.net/p/byoi
- with other previous media at https://github.com/sudomesh/propaganda
- 2-2:30 - arrive, slideshow(?), & intro - partition the space w/ walls?
- 2:30-3 - panel
- 3-5pm - Workshop Tables
- gardenmesh tables - mario/jc/grant
- disasterradio / esp table -
- general Q&A table for community orgs - mai/jnny/?
- ethernet cable crimping
- cryptoparty - sierk
- node propagation
- node flashing
- jc has a connect to hackaday - send a paragraph!, link+ really good picture
- jenny will ping daravinne & merlin re: make & ?
- directed invites:
- lolspace & sol / the village - jenny
- other homeless rights orgs
- youth education orgs
- more orgs here:
- scott will make a big set of food and we'll order pizza
- maybe jenny will make a giant vat of daal
- bill from eff?
- leez from eff?
- mac syril - center for media justice - Mai
- tracy rosenburg from Media Alliance - jenny
- Hilary Naylor
- Someone from MonkeyBrains? - Preston? Ben? I'm reaching out to Preston - Blake
- Mitar (wlan-si) on history of community/mesh networksj - Mai
- aim to have folks confirm by 1/16
sunday node mount ( https://peoplesopen.net/sunday )
- Cycles of Change: 23rd and International
- LOLspace - east oakland
- House near Rose Garden
question - who is point person for sunday node mount coordination?
- poll for next meeting times: https://doodle.com/poll/44s6bvwufcunkdtd
peoplesopen.net update / exit node operator / maintenance
- juul: haven't finished configuring the disaster.radio node [OTHER STUFF I COULDN'T TRACK[
- jehan: james has been updating his setup
- jorrit reproduced on issue on opening new tunnels, stopped working on it because couldn't do the bounce? - restart again and see if we can reproduce
- working on a guide for setting up an independent exit node
- juul: tunneldigger is hugely outdated and we need to update - set this up on the new exit node and move nodes over one at a time.
certbot / nginx
Sierk will fix this
Sierk will fix this
should go out in about 10 days, will follow up on mailing
cleanup mesh cage
Sierk volunteers for later in the week.
command-lion and dragon-drop visual extravaganza how to bridge the gap Mike Kohn
action items (incl. previous )
- hack on buildyourowninter.net
- link to github site & share [jenny[ (is it shareble yet?)
- reach out to VICE (contingent on getting buildyourowninter.net up & running) - [grant] (perhaps only share with vice, then invite them to make it better?)
- follow up with free mail server offer [jenny]
- figure out when to send copy to east bay express, sf cheap, and other media outlets.
- check list of existing networks and update status and metadata - jenny/jorrit - https://github.com/buildyourowninternet/buildyourowninternet.github.io/blob/master/_data/networks.csv
- design stickers for the node - jorritt already did with electrical tape
- find the infographic on the wiki
- livestream for byoi - robb
- reach out to panelists - you / me / blake
- ssl certbot does not automatically reboot the nginx server when it updates the cert? - sierk