Mesh/03 April 2014
April 3rd Hacknight
Jenny, Juul, Daniel, Jeremy, Deekoo, Alex, Max, Hol, Chris, Will,
- We are now provisionally fiscally sponsored by Media Alliance: http://media-alliance.org/
- Google Bay Area Impact Challenge application has been submitted. Possible award of 100/250/500k!
- We don't need to do taxes if we've made less than 10k/yr (we made about 5k)
- Marc submitted an article to Slingshot
- Gimmick for First Friday (tomorrow) - set up a mobile node connected to RPS' wireless
- Set up a node that dangles outside of sudo's window
- Merakis are solved! Thanks to Adrian for his expertise in solving the Mysterious Window Chill Issue.
- We now have a 3D printer that can print in ABS!
- Chris has designed an enclosure for the Sparkys: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Meraki_Sparky_Enclosure_Design
- OpenBTS network? Talk to Shaddih
- OSMOCOM DB
- We should submit a talk for HOPE X:
- Media Alliance
- 1099 question - anyone contracted for services past $600
- Yahoo! store for donating tax-deductibly
- Email updates in newsletter
- Can support grant proposals.
- not requied to report the income (min. around 10k)
- the hardware is tax-deductible
Need from us:
- Organizational letterhead formal request from Sudo Mesh w/ 2 paragraph description
- Tentative project budget - year or durationu
- Project timeline (quarterly is good)
- Takes about 10 days to process
- Then a formal legal agreement is issued
- Apple devices are wonky
- Could use IP Tables to search for specific strings
- Add network diagrams to Help or Documentation bar
- iPad testing