Mesh/05 June 2014
- Juul, Ron, Jenny, Alex (remote logging & measurement), Will, Jeremy, Jason, Ivy, Deekoo (paranoia), Dan, Daniel
- Marc set up the Laney roof node last night! We're going to mount it tomorrow at noon
- Couple of problems to solve with the new chipset
- Running auto-ssh creating a reverse ssh tunnel - so we can communicate with it, as can the folks working on sensor data stuff
- 5GHz high-powered sensitive antenna pointing east
- We'll probably be able to put more nodes up
- Jake made nice serial console loggers so we can get explicit logs when nodes go down
- Folks who've been experiencing crashes should take one of those
- Jenny set up a bank account last week
- Also working on the wiki information architecture - feedback appreciated!
- Panel at Open Source Bridge at the end of June on community wireless mesh, w/ People's Open Net, wlan-slovenia, KC Freedom Network & (maybe) Altermundi!
- Alex set up a test server for logging over snmp
- Suspects that tunneldigger is responsible for the crashes
- Marc: Could also be batman-adv or l2tp - something kernel level - or maybe the combination of the two?
- Marc: Right now if you don't have an internet connection you can't run a node
- Daniel's node started working, then stopped! probably an exit node issue
- Will: Center for a Stateless Society threw half a bitcoin to people's open net!
- Jeremy: Set up a mini-mesh at Lightning in a Bottle!
- Ran off a so0lar panel + a battery
- Ran etherpad-lite successfully
- Ivy wants to work on the splash page / service browser
- Functions for adding your own services
- Upvote/downvote system for quality control ^.^
- Combo traffic-monitoring and voting for quality control
- Admin interface could use improvements as well - all written in Lua
- Dan has a bunch of O'Reilly books! Contact him
- PeopleOpen.Net participated in Reset the Net day of action today!
- Network plan for the Omni! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Network/Reboot
- Look into Unix Surplus
- What kind of Internet connection can we get there?
- Comcast has offered 105mbps and multiple lines
- Adapt the bullet antennae for the picostations
- 150-200 Sparkys (nice, have built-in hardware watchdogs) - so need power cables, enclosures, antennae
- 19 picostations
- Ubiquiti Unifi?
- Boxes that could be weatherproofed? jerry-rigged antennae? (could get it under $10 this way)
- Jake has all the equipment for calibrating antennae
- Most nodes are going to be in peoples windows anyway
- Workshop on DIY antenna-making
- Node crashing - Marc working on workaround
- Exit server stops communicating
- Server-client setup (Jeremy?)
- Dan looking into uptimerobot
- Ping guy who donated ethernet cable (Jenny)
- Look into enclosures from open-mesh (Dan)
- Set up mesh-dev list
Gratuitous Link Dump