Mesh/07 March 2017
Sudomesh meeting - 7 March 2017
- grant, jenny, jehan, will, dale, marc, andy, cedric & patrick
- cedric and patrick are visiting from Rwanda, where they are wishing to build a widespread mesh network for local file-sharing of streaming video and other media content
- co-founders of VugaPay, a Rwanda television app
- much of their content at current is locally-produced live video broadcasts, not recorded
- grant: almost have the virtual mesh demonstration working
- jehan: working on the dashboard. parsing of command output is working and hooked into diagram.
- marc: played with naming of nodes, considering using emoji to dilineate between the different nodes - but how compatible is that with different operating systems?
- live test:
- Windows 10: works!
- Mac OS Lion and up: works
- Ubuntu 14.04: doesn't work :( (at least not poop, caterpiller, duck
- Arch: doesn't work :(
- Android 5: could see caterpillar, poop but not spider or duck
- Android 6: could see caterpillar, poop, spider but not duck
- emojipedia - look up each OS' level of unicode support - http://emojipedia.org/
- need to be under 15 bytes & at least 2 emoji, ideally v6.0
- live test:
- marc: we have a working map! still working on getting active status updates from the nodes
- shane suggested a local geo-ip database, but is only approximate to 1 mile
- will: i have a 60K mac address database
- order stickers, bizcards?
- print & post more flyers for the byoi workshop