Mesh/14 August 2018

From Sudo Room
Jump to: navigation, search

People's Open Network Weekly Meeting - 14 August 2018 7:30pm-9pm

Last Meeting Minutes: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/07_August_2018

Agenda

  • Introductions and Meeting Roles (10 mins)
  • Check in on previous action items (5 mins)
  • Updates & Reportbacks (20 mins)
  • Next Sunday (5 mins)
  • Discussion: Internet Archive mount (15 mins)
  • Action Items (5 mins)

Introductions

Introduce yourself: Name; Preferred Pronoun; Icebreaker Response; BRIEF Announcements

  • Icebreaker question:
  • null - they/them - saturday
  • nanomonkey (scott) - thursday
  • martin - he thursday
  • grant -
  • cassidy - someday
  • selene - she/her - thursday, reporter from KALW
  • marc - tomorrow question for next week (what was everyone's favorite day of the past week).
  • jenny - she/her

Discussions

  • discussion of outdoor routers & radios
  • grant: would like to work on LibreMesh interoperability (https://libremesh.org/ )
    • marc: also want to add support for non-open firmwares, eg; stock ubiquiti
      • grant: already have a script that autoconfigures ubiquiti routers

This Sunday's Mount

  • grant: wants to set up a rocket m5 (point-to-multipoint) on the roof of omni this sunday. airos or sudowrt or libremesh?
    • marc: prolly air OS if multiple clients connecting
  • discussion of LibreMesh and annual community wireless events (BattleMesh, ISCW, etc)
  • grant got the firmware build down to one minute!
    • marc: what kind of changes trigger full rebuild?
      • grant: not sure

Internet Archive Mount

  • talked with Jonah @ dweb summit and he's down to work on the Archive tower mount this month!
  • jenny: we need to talk to peef
  • jenny: another note on that: I ran into liz who wants to be involved again
  • ** talking to people around dweb summit realized there are another half dozen locations we need to go survey and mount
  • grant we should
  • see what frequencies we're allowed to use, if anything will interfere
  • Edge Router?
  • battery backup?
  • Jenny will email Jonah and CC Grant, Marc, Lesley, Mai, Ben, others who've expressed interest

jenny note stash

  • node mounts: Pam (north of Lake Merrit), b4bel4b, 5th ave marina, dragon&franki's (next to babelab), liberate 23rd ave / lolspace--> the village, scott's, tigermonkey
  • Radical Networks conference in Berlin, Oct 19-21 - for cheap flights search flylevel.com or momondo.net or scott's cheap flights.com

Action Items

  • Email Jonah & CC interested Archive mount folks [jenny]
  • Make new video more visible (blog & social media posts) [jenny]
  • Reply to Lib23rdAve [jenny]
  • Discuss / distro reimbusements [jenny, accounting wg]


Last Meeting Notes

End of Meeting