Mesh/19 December 2013
- Deekoo, Marc, Xavier, Maxb, Jenny, Garrett, Pete
- We can get a bank account with internet archive credit union. They sign their letters ", the internet". Jenny and Matt are going to work on it
- Jenny and Marc worked on a rad flyer to hand out with new nodes
- Nic is interested in working on infographics / graphic design over the break
- Marc: Node configurator now auto-assigns IP addresses and creates stickers to be put on the PoE injector
- DNS server discovery
- Working on traffic control tonight (designating what amount of bandwidth to be shared) - we need to demonstrate that switching to the mesh as their only AP will allow for greater control
- Tried for many hours to get the Meraki routers working, to no avail :(
- Will be happy to show someone else how to work with the routers and which files control the watchdog.
- Deekoo: Redesigning the build system so it will download and compile seperately, archives of our code, ??
- Xavier is excited about connecting the mesh to community, and he wants to help in the social outreach.
- Node database is using leveldb (node-database). Marc is excited about working on/building scalable decentralized apps
- Marc: Node configurator & traffic control
- Max: Setting up node configurator on build server
- Deekoo: Build/Download separation
- Jenny/Pete: Work on pamphlet / outreach
- We should have a forum!
- Reach out to orgs that receive lots of hardware donations with requests for: antennae
- Need to consider the problem of scaling - largest batman-adv mesh according to Elektra has been ~300 nodes
- Node configurator compacts all components unique to the node into an IPK file that's then installed on the router
- IPV6 spherical routing (??)
- Node database does IP assignment by checking that no other IPs have that range
- Forkable CNC (command and control)
- https://github.com/libremap - "a scalable, global and decentralized router database and map visualization for community networks, such as guifi, Altermundi, FunkFeuer, ninux, freifunk, Commotion..."
- Notes on Board of Directors: https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudoroomboard
- Financial report for setting up Wikimedia DC as a non-profit (useful for comparison?) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WM_US-DC/Bootstrapping_grant/Report
- Calls to Action on the website
- Email those who've posted nodes on the map (sign them up to an announce list)
- Make sure traffic control works and is integrated with GUI