Mesh/26 December 2013
December 26th Hacknight
- MaxB, Jeremy, Jenny, Marc, Deekoo, Pete Forsyth
- Jenny and Pete brainstormed some intro flyers last week - Jenny will work on "elevator pitch" / & mission/vision today
- MeshThePlanet.Org: Planet blog aggregator, calendar, directory/map , resources [legal, technical, graphical, historical, etc], software tools, forum?
- Jeremy went through the video interviews - they look great! He and Daniel have been going through and marking good segments
- Marc is debugging the last bits of the firmware & node configurator ( see this email: https://lists.sudoroom.org/pipermail/mesh/2013-December/000672.html ). Upgraded Sudo Room's internet with two new access points. Got the spectrum analyzer working on our firmware (see below)
- Portable spectrum analyzer: Mac G4 battery to power the Bullet M5, mounted on a pole and hooked up to a GPS, running the stock AirOS spectrum analyzer software.
- MaxB tackling web admin bug, going to write some scripts for more seamlessly incorporating firmware updates onto the build server
- Deekoo has been barreling through the build scripts for OpenWRT - got it to download a build root in a secure, but not yet audit-able fashion - still security holes all the way down \o/
- MaxB on web admin bug [done]
- MaxB writing scripts [done]
- Jenny making sudomesh gravatar [done]
- Jenny on mission/vision & elevator pitch & blog posts [not done]
- Juul squishing bugs [partially done]
- Deekoo banging on the build scripts [presumedly done]
- Bugs were squished. Marc knocked off 4/5 off his ToDos from the email (linked above).
- Jenny taught Pete git, and meanwhile made a sudomesh gravatar:
- Pete taught Jenny how to common our media, uploading WNDW to wikimedia commons & wikisource and converting it to markdown (see below).
- Will we deploy any nodes before the New Year? To be continued...
Gratuitous Link Dump
- Pete uploaded the 3rd edition of Wireless Networking in the Developing World here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wireless_Networking_in_the_Developing_World,_Third_Edition.pdf
and then we realized Matt had already done this:
- and also on Github: https://github.com/wrought/wireless-networking-in-the-developing-world/tree/master
- Jenny's thesis, to go on WikiSource! - http://thevirtualcampfire.org
- Network Startup Resource Center - http://nsrc.org/
- Secure peer-to-peer networking - lots of great documentation! - https://gnunet.org & https://gnunet.org/bibliography
- The Oakland CORE training for emergency preparedness has morphed into this: http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/OFD/s/EmergencyPreparedness/LearnLeadLift/index.htm
- Also this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/millions-of-dogecoins-stolen-in-apparent-heist
- Video of our presentation at SFSU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-eLJ4lDLg&feature=youtu.be
- Article on Village Telco & the Mesh Potato: http://ecopreneurist.com/2013/12/23/green-business-ideas-mesh-network-telephone-internet-company/