Mesh/27 February 2014
Feb 27 General Mtg
- Jenny, Juul, Maxb, Daniel, Jeremy, Noemie, Alex, Wendy, Marc (from santa monica and has an IT background!),
- Max has been hackng on the splash page
- add blog posts! Why are you into this?
- add to our blog! - https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Blog
- Folks getting nodes
- Alex and Mark and Wendy are going to get nodes and get walkthrough on taking care of them/etc. - Folks are losing land / connectivity - We do have a list on the node-database, we also have a checkout list
- Firmware debugging:
- Daniel is going to report back on having a node for a week
- He's using his friends internet access - He's using comcast which is assigning him a 10.* address (which is what the mesh wants to use) - The solution involved adding an intermediate router which assigns - 6MB down 3MB up and that's about what he got from speedtest.net - There's a mispelling when the LUCI messages after setting - Would like to change channels (they're overlapping) - Looking into multi-channel (automatic hopping) seems like a useful enterprise - How do we deal with 10. What about 30.*? What about strange other "local" subnets? - At some point the node turned itself off :-/ - Google is sending people telling them they've seen "suspicious logins"
- Chris J is going to do a report back on having his node for a week or so
- He's been having some issues. Potentially MAC filtering? We're going to do some troubleshooting?
- Maxb is looking into iptables + tunneldigger
- Marc has good news and bad news:
Bad news: - RAID failed :-/ Some of the USB attached storage failed in an unrecoverable fashion
- One of the SATA drives died. Marc has been troubleshooting.
- Putting in a new network card fried the motherboard!
- There's a new motherboard in the mail
- We're going to stick in a new SATA/RAID controller
- We can enter the serial into seagate.com/blahblah
Good News: - Marc sorted donated mesh hardware - Some of it is mesh useable, some not. Hopefully we can try selling the non-mesh hardware - We need testers of hardware before we'd be able to sell anything probably - Marc set up an old router w/ an ar71xx chipset and an odd configuration - The config is at github.com/sudomesh - The nice thing about the router is that it has multiple open ethernet ports - if you're at sudo you can plug a wire into the router and immediately be on the mesh - Marc is going to set up a radio on PON w/ commons music- peoplesopenradio!
- Printing flyers for distro in peoplesopen.net neighborhoods
- If you want to work on a flyer, you should do it!
- We have some new postcard designs, also new very colorful mesh graphics
- Noemie got a bunch of money to make a film about peoplesopen.net!
She's leaving :-(, but she'll be back to work on the film with Daniel and Jeremey :-)
- Reached out to sudo community to add contacts:
- Finalizing bylaws: http://Sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/
- Started an FAQ at http://Sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/FAQ - plz contribute!