Mesh/6 February 2014
- Jenny (tunabananas), Marc (juul), Jeremy, Noemie, Jacob, Dan, Chris, Luis, Deekoo, Matt
- Marc has been working on the firmware, running into some issues regarding SSL certs and dates.
- Marc has been developing the Free Store for creative commons media
- Dan built a mesh in Somaliland with OTI
- Dan has some servers he might be able to donate to the mesh!
- Jeremy's been working on educational materials
- Jeremy met a (!)millionaire(!) who's interested in the project
- Noemie just arrived from France, is a documentary filmmaker and interested in filming a documentary of sudo room
- Jacob to meet with Chris Mitchell - Telecommunciations as Commons, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
- Jenny shared some documents on google drive (please ask if you want edit access)
- finances spreadsheet: We have around $2700 
- events spreadsheet [:
- South by Southwest event march 7th to 16th
- Maker faire in May 17-18
- Battlemesh May 12-18
- Allied media conference in July
- Community Wireless Summit probably in October/November
- Community outreach: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dC1mVjlaeTVSckhrZUc4VjNvZ0dGTlE&usp=sharing
- Chris wants to flash a router tonight :)
- Deekoo having trouble mirroring Subversion repositories
- Luis working on the splash page
- TransBay - one of the oldest ISPs in the Bay Area
- Got a reply back from "Eric Dynamic" re: collaborating. They have a rooftop on 14th St and we could possibly have antennas here
- Dragino - Shenzen production company producing nice indoor routers
- Jacob soliciting suggestions re: role of municipal actors: open access to utility poles;
- Marc getting the firmware ready, fixing the last bug.
- Jeremy and Jenny working on cards/flyers
- Dan and Chris flashing routers
- Deekoo logging into build server and poking at the build scripts
- Luis working on splash page
- We consensed that it is not allowed for our chair, secretary, treasurer or board of directors to publicly use their titles.
- VillageTelco is wireless based telcom, OpenBTS is GSM based telcom software - BMX6 is the update to batman-adv
- Jenny/Marc coordinate with Dan to pick up server donations
- Flyer / bizcard design [Jenny/Jeremy]
- Hack on Bylaws: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Bylaws
- Finalize Board of Directors [Jenny]
- Get a bank account [Jenny]
Gratuitous Link Dump
- https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Documentation <-- Add relevant articles, books, videos, lectures etc;
- http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/27/maidsafe-bitcloud - Open, secure, audited, decentralized peer-to-peer data transfer and storage extending to all data and internet communications.