Room Usability Notepad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideas to make the interior of sudoroom (not common space) more usable.
A master map of where everything goes
- If we had a map where everything went then we would know what is in- or out-of place.
- Less "where is x?" type questions.
- The uninitiated could clean since they would know where to put something.
- Dedicate a wall to this map.
- Is it paper?
- Is it a floor plan view?
- Does it have numbered dots on the floor plan, and an index of the numbered dots for lookup?
- One proposal for precepts: (add your own)
- Projects older than x months are trash.
- Components and unsorted material are trash. (Like misplaced books in a library are lost).
- Err on the side of trash - that aggravation is better than cruft.
- It is OK for trash to go in the landfill.
It's all about the desk
- This is the main point of entry for a lot of our working.
- Discourage leaving things on the desk
- If only there were a way to hinge the surface, so that the entire tabletop contents could slide off into a rubbish bin.
- Make a laminate that surface that insults/reminds you.
- Or a laminte suface that has visible squares so its always easily countable what surface percentage can be seen.
2:1 cleaning oath
- As a member, you vow to clean in ratios of 2 times the mess you make.