If you want to join the mesh you'll need a mesh router at your home! Currently the best way to get one is to show up at our monthly general meeting as described above. We need more people on the network to improve the quality of the service. When you setup a node, you improve the service for everybody on the network and give more access to your community. We encourage participants to ask their communities to join their networks and create distributed services for them. We have a [[Mesh/User_Guide|user guide]] to help you get on the network!
* Join the [http://lists.sudoroom.org/listinfo/mesh email list]
* Follow us on [https://twitter.com/sudomesh twitter] and like us on [https://www.facebook.com/sudomesh facebook].
* We have weekly meetings every Tuesday from 7:30-9pm at [[Getting_there|sudo room]]. We have focus groups and collaborate on different parts of the project - from [https://github.com/sudomesh/propaganda design] to [https://github.com/sudomesh software development], documentation to hardware hacking, [https://sudorom.org/wiki/Mesh/SFBayArea community outreach] and [https://github.com/sudomesh/mounting/blob/master/PONIprogram.md climbing rooftops to mount nodes]!
For the sake of time, we don't use Tuesday meetings to introduce folks to the project. If you do not feel ready to jump right in and start contributing, please join us during our "Build Your Own Internet (BYOI)" open hours on Sundays from 1-3pm at [[Getting_there|sudo room]] :D * Chat with us on [https://peoplesopen. net/chat RocketChat], the #peoplesopen channel in [https://www. scuttlebutt. nz/ Secure Scuttlebot], or on [http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html IRC]: [http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=peoplesopen.net #peoplesopen. net] (see also [[IRC | IRC Intro]])
* We generally collaborate on [https://peoplesopen.net/notes] at each meeting. Look at our archive of past [[Mesh/Minutes|meeting minutes]]!
* Contribute to the network by installing a mesh node at your location using our handy [https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/WalkThrough Mesh Node Setup Walkthrough]. This is especially helpful for those who are within range of an existing node (seen as a wireless SSID named "peoplesopen.net").
*Improve our documentation
*Talk to your community about joining the mesh - here are some [https://github.com/sudomesh/propaganda resources] for doing so!
== Developers ==