Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Sudo room/Compact original proposal
Revision as of 21:29, 26 November 2012
3,470 bytes added
21:29, 26 November 2012
''[[Sudo_room|<<< Back to Sudo Room]] | [[Sudo room/Compact in a nutshell | Compact "In a Nutshell"]] | '''[[Sudo room/Compact | Compact]]''' | [[Sudo room/Compact FAQ | Compact FAQ]] | [[Sudo room/Compact @TODO | Compact @TODO]] | [[Sudo room/Compact original proposal | Compact original proposal]]''
=The Original Proposal To Form a Compact=
Read More at: [[Sudo_room/Governance_Structure|Governance Structure]]
'''(This following is for Reference, it is Not the actual Compact)'''
'''Summary:''' Based on the Organizational Purpose below, under the following Organizational Structure, with a mode for individual participation through Qualificiations for Membership below, this proposal is to draft by-laws (or equivalently articles of association, etc) to be ratified through a '''Compact''' with '''at least 23 members''' (as membership is defined below) which is to be drafted by Monday July 23rd 2012, and approved, if possible, by Tuesday July 31st, 2012.
* Sudo Room is an association of individuals established to open and collectively support a hacker space under the definition [[Sudo_room|here]] and with values articulated [[Sudo_room/methodology|here]], i.e.:
** Sudo Room is an open, collaborative community of creators & innovators who are interested in and working towards positive social change.
** Sudo Room is committed to access, empowerment, transparency, and public/social good. Sudoers have a great diversity of interests and we emphasize respect and solidarity among ourselves and with others.
** Sudo Room has the flexible agility to never wholly exclude possibilities, but instead, to give clear visions of some values over other values:
**#Value open, public discourses over closed, proprietary processes.
**#Value access and transparency over exclusivity.
**#Value present concerns over hypotheticals, but respect visions of the future.
**#Value community and interconnectivity over seclusion and territoriality.
**#Value do-ocracy over bureaucracy
* Sudo Room is a collective, meaning there is horizontal democratic control and management of the organization, which is composed of all individual members. However, the group actively strives to substantially incorporate interested community participants and beneficiaries who are non-members.
=====Qualifications for Membership=====
* Membership is defined by fulfilling the following requirements:
*# Contributing monthly dues (sliding-scale with respect to operating costs) or equivalent.
*#* It is an express purpose of the group to keep membership rates low, and therefore accessible, as well as offer, when possible, alternatives to monetary contribution to suffice for monthly dues.
*# A status of good standing with the organization.
*#* Non-good standing includes any unresolved debts or substantial lapses in respecting the values of the organization and its members, up to the discretion of the collective.
* Members must form draft By-Laws by Monday, July 23rd, 2012 in an effort to have them be ratified by at least 23 members by Tuesday, July 31st, 2012.
This proposal suggests that any By-Laws should have analogs of the pieces above, plus resolution on:
* Any necessary or explicit roles.
* More generalized decision-making procedures, domains, formats, and frequencies.
* Membership disqualification conditions.
* Tax status.
* Means of dissolution.
Retrieved from "
Oakland, CA 94609