<< Back to Sudo Room Meeting Minutes
- Philip has interest in hardware, embedded computing systems, sensors, etc.
- Would be great to have a wheelchair accessible space.
- Locations near BART or other transport would be good.
- Fundraising thoughts
- Possibilities for fundraising events, e.g. lock-picking school.
- Some grants may be available based on workshops/projects/events.
- Goal thoughts
- Some commitment to public access is a common goal so far.
- Great to create a supportive community for learning and education.
- Re-use, finding use for old technology that is often assumed to be trash.
- Creating a coherent discussion for goals may be difficult on wiki and over email.
- Might be a need for a "something else" space where folks can work on projects they are passionate about rather than the things they have to work on, say for livelihood.
- Ultimate dream here may be to develop a livelihood based on this work.
- Looking at a 6 month time-frame for opening a space, with at least a 1 year commitment (an additional 6 months).
- Reach out to others in your social network, those folks who you know in the back of your head would be interested in Sudo Room.
- Begin list of Funding Opportunities.
- Brainstorm Goals on wiki, over email.
- Visit East Bay spaces for those who have yet to see them!