Omni Delegates meeting March 6, 2014 7pm
Present : Niki (Bookstore/Cafe), Joel (Timeless Infinite Light), Yar (Sudo Room), Sara (OMNI-TANZ), David K., Jeremy (Oakland Nights Live), Andrew (Hacker Spa), Casey (Spokeland), David B., Kazoo (Screenprinting), Dragon (Hacker Spa)
FACILITATOR : Niki TIMEKEEPER : David B.
- Spokeland rep wants to know when could they expect to move in?
- Our timeline is still to have funds and clearer answers by May
fusing our value statements into somethings short
- fundraising message / strategy
- do we raise money from private doners and then crowdsource publically?
- MINIMUM TO MOVE IN : $39,000 (negotiable?)
- MONTHLY RENT : $13,000(negotiable?)
- DK: Provides brief recap of current situation
- rundown of groups involved, financial picture
- we need to decide on the financial model
- if say, AK Press fundraises more money than anyone else, do they get more power?
- buying a building is sexier fundraising than renting one
- RUNNING TALLY FOR RENT :
PUBLIC SCHOOL : $1000 CAFE : $1000 OMNI-TANZ : $1200 ONL : $250 SUDO ROOM : $2000 SCREENPRINTING : $600 HACKER SPA : $1500 - $2000 SPOKELAND : $1000 TIL : $1000 TOTAL AT PRESENT : $9550
- bylaws to file in sacramento
- DK: incorporating should be our first priority
- lawyer will be available on the 13th (next thursday)
- copy sudoroom's bylaws, especially conflict resolution
- Working group to draw up draft of bylaws before next meeting: David K, Yardena, Andrew, Joel, Niki
- no objections to legally incorporating - we all agree this is the way forward
- Can we download boilerplate bylaws / less specificity with regards to what gets filed with the space
- bylaws should be as limited as possible
- or rather, we shouldn't take them seriously
- Kazoo describes screenprinting project working with people who have been formally incarcerated
- David puts for suggestion to host Sylvia Federici event at the Omni
- March 22nd
- Andrew cautions against making landlord feel taken advantage of
- Create a one-sheet to present to people on the building / project / vision
- Create one sheet to present to public on the project: Niki, Sarah, Kazoo, Joel
- domain name for web presence
- Bill from lawyer ~$900. Will need to be paid in about a month.
- Radial Collective
- Building Bloc
- The Common(s)
Set up a poll, give everyone access
approve process document
- we should implement the schedule aspect more
- in particular, have a big open meeting where the public is invited