[sudo-discuss] Electrical detail draft

Whitney Lawrence whitneyel3 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 21:06:01 PDT 2014

Jake,
I understand you are the Lead for the electric install. Please look at the
attached .pdf, I made a first pass on the locations of outlets. I think we
should use the 3 free breaker spaces in the Balcony breaker box, in
addition to the abandoned "marquee" breaker. Looking at the front of the
Sub-panel above the stage it looks like the plan is to power the robot arm
directly from there, with a 30A breaker.

Also we need to figure out the plan for the conduit runs after the outlet
type and locations are finalized. We will need volunteers to help with
prepping the space for install (moving shelving etc away from walls), and
for doing the installation.

Let me know what else I can do to get power to the people! The draft should
be reviewed by everyone to be sure we are planning for all needs.

For example- what are the immediate power needs for the server? Can we
build in the potential for up-sizing? Similarly for the robot arm- where
will it be located? It requires 3phase 240 correct?

Thanks,
Whit