[sudo-discuss] [!] Need Qurorum @ tonight's meeting to Change Banks for Sudo

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:03:35 PST 2015

Hey all,

Sudo did a straw poll last week to get the ball moving on this, but need
quorum to come to a decision about switching banks. It doesn't seem too
controversial to me, there aren't that many options anyway.

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2015-12-09#Move_to_Western_Federal_Credit_Union

Long and short of it is that sudo's current credit union, Internet Archive
Federal Credit Union (IAFCU) is struggling to stay open. The credit union
members took a vote that was due Dec 8th about whether or not to liquidate
the credit union. Sudo Room did not vote on behalf of its membership, but
the evidence is pretty convincing that this is a failed experiment and it's
time to reorganize and try new things:

https://blog.archive.org/2015/11/24/difficult-times-at-our-credit-union/

Western Federal Credit Union, is large, stable, now supports quickbooks,
and is where Omni Commons holds its main account currently, making payments
very efficient. It seems like a no-brainer, and I personally have not found
any more appealing options. For instance, Bank of the West is closing its
Temescal branch location, part of long-term closures, so there is no
obviously close credit union to our current location at 4799 Shattuck.

Finally, it'd simply be nice to see your faces at sudo tonight, just to say
hi and catch up, possibly before some of us go out of town for holidays,
etc.

// Matt