Meeting Notes 2014-01-01
1 January 2014
THE TRADITIONAL MONOTONIC READING OF THE CALENDAR
- Calendar https://sudoroom.org/calendar
- Frostbox hacknights on Tuesday evenings
- Omni / 'Collective of Collectives' meeting next Thursday, Jan 9th, 7pm at The Public School
- More Omni notes - https://sudoroom.org/wiki/The_Omni (including past meeting minutes)
- Mass Effect - A night of collectives - Friday, Jan. 10th at Sudo Room.
- Updated Date: https://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/mass-effect-a-night-of-collectives/?instance_id=
- Invite collectivists to the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/700853143281064/?source=1
- Add to the wiki: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mass_effect
Past Action Items
- Ink donation jar - Juul - not done
- Investigate integrating Stripe and/or Balanced Payments [Jenny, Bill]
- Seems Stripe is better for recurring billing (Balanced's recurring billing system is still in beta: https://github.com/balanced/billy) - this is essential for us. Let's try Stripe!
- Look into other hackerspaces' accounting system [Jenny]
- GNU Cash looks most interesting - otherwise not much in the way of FOSS tools for finances: http://www.gnucash.org/
- Take on roommates - jeremy & jenny to make list of groups, pairing them with liasons - doneish (liasons?) - https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mass_effect
- Matt to get bank account - done, we now have an account with the Internet Archive Federal Credit Union (IAFCU)
- Post consensus re: documentary filmmaking to mailing list (matt) - done
- Post all consensus items to list (marc) - not done, jenny will do - done
- Get new lease for 2141 Broadway (update to sign with "sudo room" as an entity) - Matt - done?
- current finances?
- $188.01/week on Gittip: https://www.gittip.com/sudoroom/
- $5190.40 in the bank as of Dec. 18th
- $4000 Rackspace check to be deposited this week
Amendments to Articles of Association
- On agenda for next week:
- Final consensus on yar's filming proposal, which was unanimously approved on Dec. 18th meeting: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Filming_at_sudo_room
- Consensus on Hol's proposal on a minimum monthly dues of $10 to be voted on next week - feedback encouraged over the coming week!: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association/Minimum_Dues
- Consensus on 3/4 Items from juul's 'Membership' proposal: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association/Membership