Meeting Notes 2014-08-27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
sudoroom meeting august 27, 2014
Jenny, Julio, yar, phil, Scott, adam, Akira, Francisco, Matt, Mark, Chris, (ice-breaker: )
- Brendan starting robot drone hacking night, day of the week TBD
- BACH unconference date changing - maybe october 11-12?
- coincides with Oakland Nights Live special mayoral edition
- New members as of today: Sean and Adam!
- Up for extended pondering: Scott
- Up for extended pondering: Akira
New Omni Delegate
- what the job requires: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Omni_Delegate
- Please, somebody volunteer! Yar and Jenny are burning the fuck out!!!
- Whoever hosts is responsible for: 1) adding event to the calendar, 2) posting to sudo-discuss and otherwise promoting, 3) showing up! and 4) answering the door, giving tours, and otherwise being friendly and answering questions.
- Julio will try next tuesday!
- Two people sleeping in the basement last week. Matt/Daniel and Marc/Keenan got them to leave.
- Recent ban: Scott Cohen (stalker)
- Let Omni know this has happenned
- Lots of historical ban info: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-02-12
- Now making $373.90/wk on "Gratipay"
- ~$6200 in Internet Credit Union
- ~$1000 in Community Bank of the Bay
- Consensus to up sudo expenditure to $1,000
- 10 yays, 1 abstaining
- review: https://pad.riseup.net/p/omninom
- does anybody care strongly about the ballroom ceiling tiles?
- Phil is over his romantic attachment
- pay lawyer $1000/mo for 4 months (instead of $500/mo for 8)
- request production of an invoice
- if jesse is okay with an 8-month plan, it would be better for omni to have a bit more funds in its account at this stage (to pay for eg; ADA accessibility)
- 9 yays, 3 abstentions
- big omni events must end by 9:30
- 10/10 yay
- Each Member Group of the Omni will be required to populate at least 3 seats in at least 3 committees. Member Groups with more than 12 members will be required to populate at least 5 seats in at least 3 committees.
- yar wonders if members of multiple groups "count twice"
- 5 yays, 5 abstentions - ABSTAIN (10/10)
- Patrik feels uncomfortable with the proposed numbers, but won't block.
- unanimous 10/10 that sudoroom should abstain
- Any tenant at 2141 Broadway is welcome at Sudoroom except for Johannes, Billy and Timon. This overrides the previous more general ban.
- 8 yay, 3 abstain
- Document incidents on the omni wiki
- Finish Stripe and set up Everbutton [Jenny] (Ron willing to help on this if needed / extending it)
- Investigate business license [Jenny]
- pamphlet to give new members