Meeting Notes 2016-02-10
sudoroom meeting Wednesday 10 Feb 2016
- robb- he = i can blind people (temporarily)
- mark = he/they/dude - picnics and food bring people together
- marc = he = being critical of swedish products
- jenny = she = lost her powers :( (temporarily)
- matt = he = i am rubber, you are glue, everything I say bounces off of me and sticks to YOU!
- julio = he = invisibility
- max = ? = avoiding meetings
- Mark wants to put on a 'diversity in tech' event sponsored by fedora - get in touch
- Omni Love Party this Saturday! Bunch of bands, open mic, Food Not Bombs meal <3 all proceeds to Omni <3 - https://omnicommons.org/calendar/events/omni-commons-love-party-and-open-mic/
- tech needs: audio splitter, xlr cable - can you help?
- Stripe has agreed to lower our fraud charge dispute fees from $15/each to $5/each (lowering our fines from ~$500 to $160), but Jenny is requesting a 100% waive :P stay tuned!
- $169.38 in bank account + $469.96 coming in from paypal = $639.34
- See https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2016-02-03#finances for breakdown
ideas for making sudoroom better
- reorg website, host more events, put them on the front page
- our members are getting older. this needs to stop.
- yar thinks we need to reach out to people who don't come anymore, ask them why, ask them for critiques of sudoroom
- matt proposes a phone bank
- first we need to create a list of such people. this is a task in itself. starting with anyone who:
- has attended a meeting
- has emailed the list
- has participated in the IRC
New Rent Payment Scheme
Finance / Fundraising working groups propose we adopt the following rent accounting process, where individual operating costs are explicitly and transparently listed, divided appropriately, then compiled for each collective into a round monthly rent that does not fluctuate with minor changes in costs (e.g. we all get a fixed utilities payment, pro-rated based on each group's contributions, rather than a large even split calculated every month based on whatever our bill says):
- set up a passpack for sudo!
- new member brochure
- send reminder to members to PAY DUES!