Mesh/31 October 2013
- Marc, Max, Jeremy, Chris, Matt, Jenny
- Report back from the "Cook Report" fellow - Marc
- Juul is working on a mini-mdns client for openwrt
- bunches of 48 port cisco switches from 1992 available to us if we want them (we'll take ten)
- ChrisJ has been working on an SQLite data structure http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Firmware/Generating
- Matt began refactoring the wiki navigation
- Laney Coding Club, Oakland Public Libraries as possible locations
- Head of Oakland Public Libraries is into sudoroom. We can contact Marina for connections to them! (maybe Jenny sends them an email??)
- Let's have a workshop! First Saturday of December! At Sudo!
- Wiki page: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Workshops
- November is officially Play With Your Node Month!
- Marc investigated relay and exit nodes. The relay nodes seem like they might be $17/month. For an exit node we may need to find a hosting service that supports an abuse contact listing. The cheapest exit node option he found was $150/mo. We might be able to use the relay node vps for an exit node for now.
- Sudo Room's First Birthday Party and MONSTER:~$ /bin/bash!! tomorrow [First Friday afterparty] from 7pm-???
- Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathon - Nov 9-11
- Cryptoparty Nov. 17 - join the mailing list to help with planning :) http://lists.sudoroom.org/listinfo/cryptoparty
- Workshop on Intro to Networking - after cryptoparty on the 17th? possibly the first Saturday of December?
- Contact Internet Archive [Marc]
- Specifically Tim Bozar [Jenny]
- Document research on relay and exit nodes[Marc]
- Order stickers[Marc]
- Window stickers![Jenny]
- Make flyers [Shake?]
- Mesh posters![Matt?]
- Finish up firmware generator [Chris]
- Finish mdns issue [Marc]
- Follow-up w/ Gordon [Jenny]
- List first 20 locations [Jenny] - DONE
Discussion on Incorporating
- Coop Pros:
**Can have shares, require people to buy shares to be a member and have the right to vote **One person, one vote (regardless of # of shares) - possibly you can only have one share? where a share = membership
- Corporation Pros:
**Power is dependent on how many shares you have **We can still write heterarchy into our bylaws
**If you have a node running you're a member **Two classes of membership [or multiple - say, Member, Associate, Honorary - or Organizational Partner / Worker Maintainer / ] **Application Process
- Need to differentiate between PeoplesOpen & SudoMesh
**Corporation or co-op **Profit or non-profit **Name **Declare Public Benefit or Mutual Benefit **Specific purpose of the corporation
- Non-Profit Corporation, ?? Benefit
*Jenny: 501cX --> anything other than 3 just makes it more difficult to get grants... *Vian: Changes to the bylaws are easier in a 501c3 that can drastically divert the purpose [can be changed by just the Board of Directors] *Matt: Can still replicate the requirements of a coop with a nonprofit or sole proprietorship *Shake: Wary of the non-profit industrial complex *Luciano: Also wary, but thinks its good to enable people to make money while also including everybody
- First 20 Node Locations:
Name Latitude Longitude Sun Synchrony 37.7969539274 -122.262897491 NSA 37.8130557403 -122.291543484 ChrisJX 37.907294628 -122.276812792 fanghorn forest 37.8126997497 -122.277359962 Hol 37.8188445837 -122.252908945 Max B 37.8461447675 -122.278647423 Hackistan 37.7870512014 -122.219156027 Fantastica Co-op 37.8552602319 -122.271992862 The Tardis 37.8078449692 -122.295735776 sudo room 37.8108689141 -122.267505527 Hearth 37.8178614446 -122.283421755 miguelatorium 37.8111062472 -122.256588936 Adeline LiveLabs 37.8195077714 -122.282260358 Veterans Tech Collective 37.7962417894 -122.233580947 Lothlorien(?) 37.8676375838 -122.249620557 Excelsior 37.8035705486 -122.230340838 Cuddlefish 37.7377000849 -122.429237366
kingman hall co-op 37.8769705745 -122.257511616 woody 37.8204604399 -122.274687141 chateau bellevue 37.8122547591 -122.253474221